Tuesday 10 March 2009

Poetry - Your Mercy

I have heard that there is a river, an endless river
and that inside it flows Your Mercy? A river of Mercy..

And that whomsoever travels on this river ends up finding You?
And that whomsoever drowns, will be covered in Your Kindness?

Im confused now... I want both.

I continue to beseech and You continue to forgive,
You continue to bestow for aslong as I live.

What more can I say to the One who loves to forgive?

A doctor cannot be taught how to perform an operation by an ignoramus.
It is only his job to trust the doctor and hope he will be cured.
Like this, it is not my job to define mercy for you, I am blind to the word.
Yet I trust and I hope that You will not leave me void of it.

"Say (on My behalf), 'O servants of Mine who have acted recklessly against their own selves, do not despair of Allah's mercy. Surely, Allah will forgive all sins. Surely, He is the One who is the Most-Forgiving, the Very-Merciful.'"

No comments: