Friday 24 October 2008

Poetry: Fajr

My battle for You has just begun,

A little time left till the Earth smiles at the sun.

The manipulative warmth of a close enemy,

My eyes are closed but my heart can feel the dichotomy.

I know it is time to stand forth as a slave,

But this pressure on my body is like immense tidal waves.

The Accursed begins to polish a perilous desire,

Its under a veil and it is quite evident it leads to the Fire.

A desire to slumber begins to overtake my power,

The feeling of defeat makes my heart feel sour.

It is in the darkness of that hour my soul remembers its time with You,

and with every bit of strength in my body, it sits up with my heart beating...

..Allah Hu..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MashAllah...really nice poetry,
JazakAllah

Anonymous said...

Abu Dharr narrated, the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to me:

“O Abu Dharr! If you learn one verse from The Book of Allah (The Quran), it is better for you than to voluntarily pray one hundred rak’as (units of prayer), and if you learn a category of knowledge (religion), regardless if it is applied or not, it is better for you than to voluntarily pray one thousand rak’as.”

(Ibn Majah, Sunan; Ibn Hajar Al-‘Asqalani, Mukhtasar At-Targhib wa-t-Tarhib; Al-Ghazali, Ihya’ ‘Ulum Ad-Deen)

Anonymous said...

Masha'Allah. Wow, that was really beautiful. It touched my heart. I loved the last two lines the most.