Monday 2 February 2009

The Current Weather

Snow has been falling in abundance in the UK and the road looks as if it has been embellished with white carpet. I was at a dawat (invitation) earlier today when I peered out of the window. I thought straight away of those verses that pertain to Allah's Ta'ala sovereignty and producing abilities that are noted all over the Qur'an. For example, in Surah Baqarah

"Surely, in the creation of heavens and earth, and the alternation of night and day, and the ships that sail in the sea, carrying that which benefits men, and in the water Allah sent down from the sky, then revived with it the earth after it was dead, and in every creature He has scattered on it, and in turning of winds, and in the clouds employed to serve between heaven and earth, there are signs for those who have sense."

As I continued to lose myself in wonderment, I looked at a non Muslim graveyard and froze like a snowman. Every grave was completely covered in snow and suddenly a thought passed my mind. I quickly turned around to tell those present before I forgot it.

We all know ice is a very cold substance but I swear by Allah Ta'ala, no amount of snow can cool the punishment taking place inside those graves.

Thus the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam said,

"The grave is either a garden from the gardens of Paradise, or a pit from the pits of Hell."

May Allah Ta'ala make our graves a garden from the garden of Jannah. Ameen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Subhanallah very true, Jzk for the reminder

Anonymous said...

nice masjid ;-)