Friday 30 April 2010

Poetry: The Effect of My Sins

The Effect of My Sins

My soul has become isolated, buried in deep sorrow,
My heart has become wilted, searching for happiness to borrow.
My eyes have lost their lustre, no longer wanting to twinkle,
My hands have lost their strength, soon they will start to wrinkle.
My body has become weak, it is now something frail,
My skin has become blemished, I now look so pale.
My ears have become deaf, not bothered to hear advice,
My feet have become foolish, walking away from what is nice.
My tongue has become dry, failing to remember You,
My breath is limited, soon my lips will become blue.
My depression is a shadow, it clings to me and follows me wherever I may go,
My happiness is distant, like the measure of an arrow that emits from a bow.
I have become lonely, I find it hard just to smile,
I have become sad, my sins measure many a mile.
Hope in Your mercy is all that remains in my tattered heart,
You created me, You loved me, You knew me from the start...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you prostrate, then inform Him of your secrets;
but do not let even the one by your side hear you.
Whisper to Him with the tears of your eyes,
For He is the Master of your heart.
When a new day visits you then say...
'Welcome Oh honoured guest',
Then make good it's hospitality through an obligatory prayer fulfilled;
a sunnah performed, some Qur'aan recited; and repentance renewed.
And along with all of this...smile!
For there is One who cares for you, helps you, listens to you and sees you.
He is Allah!!!
He has not made you weep except to make you laugh;
and He has not taken from you except to give to you;
and He has not deprived you except to be gracious to you;
and He has not tested you except that He loves you.
There is no God but Allah!!!